Saturday, December 27, 2008

Why Wait for the New Year to Make Changes? Nothing's Promised to You.

It's a great day once again. Christmas has nearly settled down and we are about to enter a new year. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am usually in another country during this time. However, I will be in the U.S. for New Year. I am in a toss up between a few major cities, but I am definitely not going to be caught in New York dead or alive. It's just too crowded for me. I love New York, but not on New Years. I would rather my new year be one that I can use for reflection and planning. So, what are you going to do for the new year? What are you planning for the next year(s)?

Well, I am geared up. I do not like to plan new year resolutions. I believe that if you want to make changes, you have to make them right away or plan for the change. It's great to start at new year, but you will find yourself having to wait days to make changes that you need to make right away and continue the momentum through the new year. That's what I am doing.

I have already made some meaningful decisions in my life. One of them is to work harder and smarter. I need to consolidate the projects that I have, get rid of some and recommit to others.

I am too busy and I realise this. I also need to take time for myself -- productive time.

I read this article on Mr. Obama this morning. His workout plan is simply marvelous. His determination is admirable. He started his plan at 22 years of age at Columbia University. He started jogging 3 miles a day and has used his physical exercise plan to enhance his mental state. He feels good about himself.

Now, I have had some trouble exercising. I am trying to get myself motivated to do this exercise thing. I tried one day a couple of weeks ago with a personal trainer to get motivated, but after that, I was not enthused anymore. I know my physical health is important so I have to get in shape.

Hey, how about now? Let's do this together. If we are going to get in shape, we have to do it now. Forget waiting until the new year!

Okay, I am making some changes.

First, it starts with going to bed early in order to get up early. This is going to be hard for me since I work well at night and through the night. So, I will have to get a good nap if I want to stay up late. But, a good start would be to go to bed early through the weekdays. That's a good compromise.

On Sundays through Thursdays, I will go to bed by 10:00 p.m. I will get up no later than 5:00 a.m., leave a post on this blogspot by 7:00 a.m. That's how I will hold myself accountable.

So, I think this is enough for now. I will increase this to actually getting out of the house to excercise. I will start jogging first because that is the easiest thing to do. For one hour, I will jog, at least five days a week with an increase to 6 in due time.

I have my plan. Now it's time to work the plan.

I will let you know what happens.

Silly me, I am off tonight, it's Saturday night, lol.

How about a test run for tomorrow? Great, I will be in touch.

Join me, will you?

Til next time...

No comments: