Friday, December 5, 2008

My First Conversation - Focus

Welcome. This is my first time blogging here and I feel this sense of accomplishment. I have blogged before, but never had my own spot. Well, here goes everything.

My name is William Kellibrew IV and I am a native Washingtonian. I live in D.C. and my family is primarily from D.C. Soon, you will be able to link to my webpage and learn more about me, but for now, you may either Yahoo! Search me or Google my name. There is definitely a lot to learn, but be careful. It is not all pretty, lol.

My first conversation tonight deals with focus. I am guilty of not being able to focus enough on the things that I need to get done. So, how do we focus? Why is it important?

Anecdote:

Tonight, I was speaking on the phone with a good friend. She mentioned that I was all over the place. She mentioned that I had many talents, but encouraged me to tell her what I really wanted to do. Of course, I was not surprised that she inserted this evaluation into my head. That's fine. I know I am not really focused at least all of the time. But, it finally clicked. I thought. This goes back to my idea about turning passion into profit. I had to ask myself quickly, what was my passion? What is my priority? So, we ironed it out and came up with a solution. Get focused. That is the only way I am going to maximise my potential. But, the big question remains. How do we focus? What makes focusing so important?

Response:

Well, taking it from someone who can loose track of space quickly, I recommend focusing when you are in the maximum time frame for focusing. If your mind works better in the morning, then get your priorities mapped out in the moving and important things tackled. If you work late at night, ensure that you have daytime naps. Avoid distractions and get back on task. Focusing on what you really want to do or simply focusing to accomplish a task is important in being efficient, if not effective. People will view your work ethic in a positive light. They will see your productive energy flow and be impressed. A lot of us are hooked on money, but do not stop to think that if we simply love what we do, then the rest will eventually come. But, do not wait on it. Continue to strengthen your focus and your focus will help you to massage your passion into profit. Focus and you will achieve.

Announcements:

Do not forget that the Victims and Survivors for Peace Sleep Outs are continuing this Tuesday with a sleep out in front of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 500 Indiana Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C.

Thank you for reading today.

Cheers!

No comments: