Friday, January 2, 2009

After the Lights Are Out...Are You Working?

It's a new year, 2009. You made resolutions and if you did not, are you still working hard?

After all of the lights are out and the fireworks are gone, there is still work to do. Today, I woke up in an excellent mood, but I feel like there is still so much to do.

The new year hides the work that we have to do. Our work is masked beneath the celebration and really continues through. Mentally we try to separate the two years, but actually, I did the opposite.

I joined them together. I did a lot of planning in 2008 that will help me to be better prepared for 2009. The same projects remain, but at another level of the planning and project process.

My point here is regardless of what we thought about new year, it is how we perceive it. It is a new start for some and for others, another day. I appreciate the new year, but I appreciate the day before and especially the day after. Let's make each day work for us. Let's not wait for big defining moments. Let's define our own moments in time. Perhaps your new year is today?

Til next time...

No comments: