Sunday, January 11, 2009

A New Day, A New Opportunity

This motto was the motto used by my university president. Anyone who knows me, knows that I like the word opportunity. I took this motto to heart. I owned it.

With every dawning day comes an opportunity for us to make a difference. We can make a difference in our own lives and we can make a difference in someone else's life. Whichever we choose, a change can be made.

Some time ago, I mentioned that I would start a more healthier diet and exercise regularly. Well, you would be proud. I am exercising and I have changed my diet. I choose healthier food. I do have some help though. I have a personal trainer who is an excellent source. I can totally see him in Hollywood or on some boot camp show making people run and loose weight. Nonetheless, he is an inspiration. He is already physically fit and has the look to which I aspire. But, the main thing is, I have made changes.

I did not wait until the new year though. I said that change can come at any time and when it is necessary to make the changes, you have to make them. There are not any exceptions. We must immediately make the change that we need to make. I decided to be healthier. What are you deciding to change?

Do not wait. We are not promised tomorrow and nor are we promised the next second. Putting off what you can do today for tomorrow is an unwise choice. Make that change.

I would really like your comments on this one. Tell me about the changes you have made.

Remember, today is a new day and a new opportunity.

Til next time...

No comments: