Saturday, April 2, 2011

Student Tussles With Peer Pressure

Hello Friends...

Two young people, both 9th and 10th graders describe their battle with peer pressure below.

"My lazyness also the pres[s]ure of not doing my work and hangout with friends instead."

"-i try to hard to be like all my friends and make everyone happy. Sometimes I make bad decisions because my friends did even though I dont think its right but after I regret it because I really want to do anything."

These two young people are battling deeply with peer pressure and it is what I see as I travel throughout the world. No matter what race, gender, or religion, etc., it is difficult for them to make decisions that are not influenced by their peers.

If you know a teen or young person struggling with peer pressure, suicidal ideation, bullying, depression, grief/loss, relationships, stress/anxiety, substance abuse, alcohol, teen pregnancy or substance abuse, please reach out to the hotline below.

1.877.Youthline
1.877.968.8454

Til next time...

No comments: