Monday, March 16, 2009

A Call to Decision -- Can You Help?

Good evening folks. It's been some time since I checked in. So many things have been going on. I feel like my world is moving fast and I cannot stop it. As I mentioned, there are so many things that are happening. So, let's get some things out in the open. I think that is the only way that I am going to sensibly deal with what is going on.

First, I am in the battle of my life with this proposal that Dr. Sessoms and the Board of Trustees is proposing. If you are not aware, my university, the University of the District of Columbia is undergoing a tuition increase battle, an attack on open admissions or admissions standards and the erection of a community college. Students are very upset about the proposed changes and I actually started a petition outlining my discourse with the proposal. This moved to facebook and then to the campus for a rally. The group was named Operation Save UDC. I decided on the name and a student named, Joshua Lopez, joined the effort as a beginning copartner. The group quickly grew in numbers and in support. We were able to move the administration to 100% over two years instead of 100% beginning in the fall. This may not be the best synopsis of the proposal, but for more reference just simply google "udc tuition increase" and you should be able to pull up something, anything, enough to get you caught up.

Well, this effort has taken a lot of energy and frankly I am in a situation where I have to decide whether I should drop courses and alter my semester. I donated so much time and energy that I simply mismanaged my time. So, what do I do? Where do I go from here?

What would you do?

Readers, if you are out there, let me know what you think. This is an opportunity for us to dialogue about important decisions in my life and perhaps your life. Maybe we are one in the same. Maybe you are going through a tough time in your life and need somebody who listens to you.? Well, this is our opportunity. Let's dialogue about the tough decisions and hopefully, I will gain some insight as to what I should do.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Til next time...

No comments: