Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Struggle Never Ends, Nor Our Resolve

It has been some time since I blogged. I have been transitioning into school this semester, work and my personal life. These things take precision and planning. It is quite overwhelming. This is my graduation semester. I am excited and optimistic, but nervous as hell. I was supposed to graduate a year ago. That was quite disappointing. I was really hurt, but I knew I had to pick up the pieces and try again. Here I am, trying again.

Today's blog is a mix. I have some things to share with you.

Recently, a family member was victimized. In fact, two family members were victimized. One of my cousins was shot in a robbery. He was working in a retail store when a gunman walked in with a mask on and demanded money from the register and safe. After my cousin told him that there was no safe and key, he decided to rob everyone, emptying their pockets and taking money from the register. He confiscated $250 and then he shot my cousin. He is still in harm's way. The bullet is still lodged in his back, possibly resting on his spine. This incident took our family by surprise. I have yet to deal with it.

It is only a couple of months since the vicious death of my Godsister, Tiffany Gates.

Next, another family member was molested. I cannot talk in depth about this situation, but we are working hard to deal with the aftermath of such a horrible tragedy.

In the next blog, we will discuss steps to dealing with molestation and I will give you my testimony, at least one of them. I was molested three times.

Til next time...

No comments: